Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sunday Stills- Eyes

This is my first time participating in the Sunday Stills Challenge. The challenge for this weekend was "eyes."

I reworked a few shots of eyes that I took of Morgan the farm cat a few weeks ago.

/


Morgan3F

It is hard to capture eyes without getting a reflection. I just love the colors of Morgan's eyes. Had I not taken these pictures, I don't think I would have ever noticed that how multicolored her eyes are. It also never ceases to amaze me how tiny a cat's pupil can get....just a sliver of black!

It's a good thing this challenge was on eyes and not ears, since I cropped Morgan's out on both pictures. Sorry, Morgan. I'm informing everyone right now that you have the cutest little ears!

Please head over to the Sunday Stills blog to check out other contributors!

11 comments:

Paint Girl said...

My Morgan looks so cool! I love that first picture of her! Isn't my cat a beauty?
I also love the whiskers, maybe whiskers should be a challenge? Ah, what do I know! I am not a photographer, I just like to think I am!

Dusty Devoe said...

Morgan is sure a beauty! I always thought she was so cute!

The Wife said...

Great pics. I especially like the second one!

Jessica said...

These are SO striking! I love both of them! Maybe the second one a teeny better...glad you decided to join Sunday Stills! Can't wait to see your future posts! :)

BB said...

Wow. Wow! WOW!!!

Gorgeous...
:-)
BB

Unknown said...

I love taking pictures of cats! Their eyes are perfect to photograph. They remind me of camera lenses! LOL!
Love your post processing on your last B & W shot.
BTW, I do my black and white pictures in Photoshop. First with camera raw editor, then some more tweaking in PS Elements 6. Saw your question on my blog. Just filling you in.

Pony Girl said...

{DVM'S WIFE}~ Thanks for the b&w information. I don't have Photoshop, and therefore I don't shoot raw. I was curious if it made a difference shooting in b&w first, or color, then editing it. I've seen good results both ways, but I bet if you shoot in raw (over JPEG) then edit it, you might get better results? (like your awesome pictures of your mare Deb!!)

Mud Ranch said...

Very nice PG! This is the first time I've visited your Photo Blog and enjoy it immensley! Very well done, and you do have a very unique photographic eye, in a very good way! Keep up the great work, and keep shooting! :D

Mud Ranch said...

PG -- One more thing, saw your conversation with another about RAW. I shot in it for a little bit but it takes up so much room on my hard drive and my camera, that I switched back to large JPG. You can (if you have PS) open a JPG in raw editor and do essentially all the same "tweaks." Just an FYI -- Raw doesn't necessarily make a picture better. ;) Hope that helps!

Patches said...

WAY cool pictures! I love kitty eyes!

Sorry it took me so long to get over here! I thought this blog was on my following list also, but I guess it wasn't! Oops! I'm loving going through all of your posts at once and seeing all your beautiful pictures!

Lisa said...

Wow, beautiful!!!!! I love cat eyes - great job.