Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunday Stills- Powerlines and Landscapes

Powerlines and landscapes were the challenge for Sunday Stills.....well, I have never looked at powerlines the way I have this past week! However, I didn't snap many pictures because I was usually driving when I saw them! Except for this sunset shot from my deck. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, for Sunday Stills!) the lines that run along my road are right in the way of getting a clear shot.

Sunset

Here are some power line shots from the archives. These are from one of our trail rides last year. They were taken on my Sony point and shoot, and my sister took the ones of me, obviously. We haven't been trail riding this week so I wasn't able to get any current power line shots from where we ride.

Stop on over at Sunday Stills and see what everyone else did!

10 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

This may seem like a strange question (or a dumb question) but...
those powerlines from your ride, do they make noise? Like hum or something? I've never actually seen those kinds of power lines in person.

Pony Girl said...

{cdncowgirl}~ Not a strange question at all, in fact, I'm so brain-dead from loading and unloading hay for 4 hours today that I forgot I wanted to add to thepost that they make A LOT of noise! Snap, crackle, pop! Especially if it is raining/drizzling on them. I always think they will scare the horses, but they never seem to notice. Does make me nervous riding under them a bit, though!

Dusty Devoe said...

Great pictures my little Pony Girl!!!

Patches said...

Very nice shots! Great job getting those pesky powerlines! :)

The Wife said...

Beautiful sunset. Those darn lines!!

Tara said...

You had to sneak a pony into a powerline shot, didn't you. Those critters sneak in everywhere!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful sunset! I like the riding pics, too...I think every trailrider knows that unmistakable snap crackle pop and hum.

Paint Girl said...

When I saw that Sunday Stills was going to be power lines, I was thinking of where we go trail riding! But you don't take the new camera on the rides! Darn! You could have gotten some cool pictures.
Loved that first sunset pix!!!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Love the sunset picture!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great shots, PG. Love the horses and power lines together. Pretty sunset, even with powerlines :)

~Lisa